To be eligible for admission to the 4 years B.Sc. (Nursing) Degree course, the candidate should have fulfilled the following criteria:
- Age: Minimum age shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought
- Minimum education:
- 10 +2 class passed with science (Bi.P.C.) and English core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board.
- Intermediate Vocational nursing with bridge course
- Students qualifying 10+2 examination in Science conducted by National Institute of Open School should have secured minimum 45% marks.
- Student should be medically fit
- Student shall be admitted once in a year.
Application form for B.Sc. (Nursing) can be obtained from the college office or can be downloaded from the college website.
A duly filled-up application form should be submitted to the college office with a registration fee of Rs. 1000/- by DD/Cash in favour of Principal Mahila Dakshata Samithi and Bansilal Malani College of Nursing, Hyderabad, payable at Hyderabad. The completed application form (filled in capitals in applicants hand writing) along with enclosures (as below) should be submitted to college office on or before the prescribed date.
Enclosures to Applications form:
Attested Photostat copies of :
- SSC /10th class certificates / marks list
- 10+2 certificate and marks list
- Transfer certificate from the principal of the college/school last attended
- Migration certificate (for non-local students)
- Medical fitness certificate from Government Doctor
- Four latest colour passport size photographs
- Two self –addressed duly stamped envelopes
- Caste and income certificate
- Residence certificate
Note: All the above certificates should be produced in Original at the time of admission failing which the admission shall be cancelled. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Duration of the course:
B.Sc. Nursing is a four year degree course including six months internship as prescribed by Indian Nursing council (New Delhi) and will have only full time students.
Syllabus, Medium of Instruction and Uniform:
- Syllabus prescribed by Indian Nursing council, New Delhi, and Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health sciences shall be followed.
- The medium of Instruction and Examination shall be in English.
- It is mandatory for all students to wear the prescribed uniform during the clinical training.
WORKING DAYS IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR:
Academic year shall consist of not less than 260 working days including University Examinations.
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION TO EXAMINATION:
A candidate shall be permitted to appear in any of the subjects of the B.Sc., Nursing Degree Examination, if she has attended the course in the subject for the prescribed period and produce the Certificate of Study, attendance and satisfactory conduct from the Principal.
A candidate shall put in a minimum of 80% of attendance in both theory and practicals separately in each subject before admission to the examination. Attendance shall be calculated from the total number of hours prescribed by INC and not on the number of classes conducted in the institution.
Students who haven’t put in 75% attendance will not be eligible for Government Scholarships and other benefits.
Referred/failed candidates have to put in minimum percentage of attendance for eligibility to appear for re-examination.
Selection and Admissions:
- In complete application forms shall not be considered for admissions.
- The selected candidates should join the college within the specified date of joining
- No candidate shall be given admission after the prescribed last date of admissions.
- The selected candidates should undergo medical examination as prescribed by the college and admission is subject to medical fitness.
- The selected candidates shall deposit the prescribed fees at the time of admission itself.
- The candidate and the parent should give in writing that their ward will complete the 4 Year Degree Course. In case of discontinuation the entire fees/charges are to be paid to the college.
- The candidate has to submit all the originals certificates to the management at the time of admission and the certificates shall be retained by the college for the entire duration of the course.
- No Original certificates will be returned to the candidate under any circumstances during the course of study.
- The original certificates shall be returned to the candidate on completion of the course and against production of “No Dues certificate”.